Friday, May 2, 2008

The Big Move

Well last week and weekend was crazy!! We moved. How did we do it you ask considering I am on bedrest?!! Well first of all Loretta (tyrel's mom) and Coy (his brother) came down here last Wednesday night to help out. Coy broke his arm so his job was to play with Cooper while I went from room to room with Loretta giving her direction. The main packing was the kitchen. Tyrel had already done the office and little stuff here and there. Then on Saturday our ward for church was a huge help!!! There were about 10-15 guys with trucks and a moving truck that showed up at 9am to move stuff over and then as I was at the new house directing traffic 6 women from our ward showed up to unpack my stuff. I was not expecting that so I had them unpack the kitchen, bathroom, and they set up the beds and made them. I was finally able to convince them to leave and that we would be fine. By the way this all happened in 2 hours!!! Can you believe it. Then by Sunday night between Tyrel and my in-laws everything was unpacked and put where it belongs!! Tyrel's sister also showed up Sunday to help. Then on Monday Loretta, Tranell, and two ladies in the ward showed up to clean the old house!! Then Tuesday everyone headed home. I was so humbled this weekend. I could not believe all the help we had!! It was incredible. I am no idea how to properly thank everyone that helped!! So if anyone has any good ideas for me let me know. I have no idea how things would have gotten done with me not being able to lift anything. How do people survive without family and friends and the church?!! I kept telling my mother in law that if she was too busy to help that would be fine, but after this weekend I don't know how I would have gotten in done without her.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow no kidding about the church! That's amazing how much help you got and how willing people were to help. What a humbling experience. Glad you got all moved! How do you like the new place? Are you going to move in another 3 months or what? Maybe you'll wait 4 months next time. =) You're due pretty soon here hu? You still doing well?

Unknown said...

Samantha,
I knew you were moving, but I didnt know it was so soon. I am so glad that everything went well. YOu know you just have to let people serve you. It is hard and even saying thank you a million times doesnt quite express how you feel, but you dont need to do anything for them. Its called service. They reap the benefits of service. You can pray for the Lord to bless them, but then they just were blessed by helping you. You are right, it is so nice to have the church and family.
I cant believe you are going to have a baby soon. I am so glad that you are doing good. Let me know if I can do anything.
We Miss you.
Carrie