Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Spring!!

Well spring is here and so is lots and lots of work!! It still cracks me up that growing up I hated yard work and now I LOVE it! I love being outside all day doing various work. Two investments we made this year was to get a swing set and a riding lawn mower. I figured between mowing the lawn, water and pruning trees, feeding animals, spraying weeds, weeding flower bed, trimming along the driveway,and the garden and other yard work the kids needed something to play on. So now between the trampoline, their bikes, the swing set, helping me, and exploring my kids also spend all day outside with me. There is one thing for sure now and that is I am usually exhausted at the end of the day and fall asleep extra fast!!


Our fire pit. I was so excited that I got those wood reels for free from an electric company to use as tables for roasting hot dogs and marshmallows

The kids area. The trampoline hole is dug, but needs retaining wall, and Tyrel is still going to build a sand box.

This was all ugly gravel and rocks so I hauled dirt from the trampoline pit to plant some grass and put in all those upright timbers. It's nice to use what I had around and eventually I will take out all that red rock too and just do grass.


The kids new favorite place! Even Peyton can climb to the top.

The garden all fences in, tilled and planted!! Lets cross our fingers!!

This random spot in the backyard had a rose bush and just weeds so I decided with kids in the backyard it just needs grass!!

3 comments:

The Lee Clan said...

What a fun play area for the kids. Wish that I enjoyed yard work.

Kimberly said...

Lots of hard work! Love the garden. I'm sure it'll be awesome. Swingset... I'm kind of jealous, we've been talking about building one, but it's a lot of work and money, it keeps getting pushed back. That'll be so fun for your kids!!

Deanne said...

You are a super woman and yes the playground was a great investment!