Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mother-Daughter Weekend!!









I got to be so lucky the last weekend in April to make a trip to Provo to meet up with my mom and sister's for our first ever mother-daughter trip. We decided to go to Womens Conference in Provo. We all crammed in a one hotel room where we gathered together with much "seriousness" on which classes we should attend, (in all truth after going through the list of classes we should have attended one on humility!!) If anyone knows us when we get together "seriousness" is not a word used to describe any conversation we have!! We did enjoy the classes we did attend. We also took two nights to do fun stuff. We went to a dinner theater and saw a spoof on Sherlock Holmes which was funny and probably way funnier with my sister's and then went to a improv comedy club the other night which was definitely funnier with my sister's. I love how with the right people almost anything can be funny and funny things are funnier!! We also got to spoil my mom for Mother's day and get her a new wardrobe!! She looks amazing!! My sister Lanith put it well as I took her to the airport she said "I have been looking forward to this trip forever and now it's already over"! I agree. It was so great to just take a few days and be with my family who I rarely see. Of course I probably should have put a recorder in the car to catch the hilarious various conversations going on at the same time!! I love how we all talk so fast and can catch what the other is saying at the same time!! I am sure all sister's who are close have their own language that no outsider can understand!! Thank you to my mom and sister's for an amazing trip!!!

3 comments:

Kacey Nielsen said...

Fun! I love girl trips. I have never been to Women's Conference before. Love the updates!

Kimberly said...

What a fun trip. I'm glad you could all make that happen. Where were the kiddies?

Deanne said...

Ahhh the sister language. I'm so glad you got to go have fun with your sisters and mom. So fun!