Sunday, January 24, 2010

YIKES SNOW!!! STOP


My gorgeous view out of the kitchen today after all the new snow!!


I am going to miss entering through our back door. This is all the snow that fell off the roof Thurday night. I noticed ice build up bending our gutters so I took an ice chipper and got the ice off, so then all the snow fell right onto the sidewalk. We couldn't even open the back door. Now we have to enter through the front door, which is rough since the back door entered into our mud room, now all our messes from outside come into our living room!!

Trip helping dad shovel snow!!


This is my little tractor I have lived on all week. 8mo pregnant and out plowing snow!!! Little bumpy and rough, but easier on the body than shoveling!! Also thank goodness for Tyrel's old coverall's from high school. Little long, but with my fat belly they zip up and keep me warm!!

This is our main spot where we put snow!!


Well this last week was kind of crazy! It started to snow Monday night and finished Friday night with a little break Wednesday, bringing in at least 2ft of snow. I spent Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday on our little plow each of those days for 2-4hrs out plowing snow. Even though this plow is too small for our huge driveway it was nice to have and know I am not stranded. We had snow predicted all week so I spend each day making sure I moved it somewhere out of the way to get ready for the next storm. Thursday night though the snow was coming down really wet and heavy and dumping so I had Tyrel call Rusty the guy who saved me last time to come with his tractor and do some clean up for me. I was running out of place to put snow. He showed up Friday afternoon at about noon and he left after 45min and he had only about 4 new inches of snow to plow, but it was super heavy and wet. Then of course after he left the snow started to dump and come down super hard. So once Tyrel informed he was coming home because it had already been two weeks he had been gone he took the long way home because all the passes were closed on his normal route. Turning his 6 1/2hr drive to 9hr. So I had to go back out that night and plow again the new 3-4in to make sure his truck could make it up the drive!! Then him and I and the boys spend Saturday doing clean up. I plowed some more cleaning up snow and moving snow out of the way and he shoveled. Then we had to haul wood that was barried in the snow and split, because I was out of split wood for the woodstove. Cooper was amazing. He worked by his dad all day with no nap shoveling and hauling wood. Trip also spent all day out with him except for his one nap following Tyrel around and watching and helping where he could. Tyrel said that Cooper worked harder than most teenangers would. Well he is back off to work and probably gone for two weeks again. They are swamped at work. There is another storm coming in Tuesday-Thursday. Hopefully it doesn't bring a lot of snow.

4 comments:

Lea Ann said...

Even in all that snow, Tyrel is not wearing a coat. You look so cute in your snow gear.

Unknown said...

We had 4 days of rain, but it doesnt even look like it compares. Hope you dont go into labor.
And yes cute snow gear.
Carrie

flagtown said...

I am so done with snow, we got 3 1/2 ft. Love the overalls, and little plow.

Kacey Nielsen said...

That is one seriously attractive snow suit. You should consider that a permanent look :)

What a tough little pregnant girl you are!