Monday, January 11, 2010

BABY SHOWER!!

So this last Saturday I kind of helped host a baby shower at my house for my Visiting teaching companion Ali and it kind of turned into a dual baby shower for me too since we are both having girls for the first time. So our friend Mary Ann took charge of invites and games and stuff. It turned out great. We had I think 13 people total. I had three neighbors show up and then the rest from our ward. We had a blast. Tyrel and his brother Cord took the boys outside to hang out and us girls visited, did a couple games (nothing too cheezy), had some food, and opened gifts. The great thing about the whole thing was Ali was basically in labor the whole time. She had a brave face on, but you could tell she was having a hard time concentrating. She ended up having her baby late that night. I talked to her today and she said she finally got to look at her gifts, because that day she didn't really remember anything she opened!! At the hospital I guess she was at a 4 and they admitted her and then 20 min later had the baby! A nurse delivered her baby, because the dr didn't make it thinking she had a little more time to get there and her husband missed it too because he had stepped out of the hospital for a just a min and when they called him back it was over. Crazy uh!! Well after the shower I decided to organize all the baby clothes and wash them weather I have a girl or not might as well right. I will either store them or give them away to someone else. So anyway Tyrel took them out of the dryer and he kind of freaked out in a good way saying wow seeing all this pink is making me really excited to have a girl, he was before, but it seemed more realistic to see girl clothes!! So anyways just over a month left!! We can't wait!! Thank again to everyone for an awesome baby shower!!

0 comments: