Tuesday, February 2, 2010

She's Here!!

Well on Sunday we welcomed our beautiful little girl Peyton Dianne Ross into our family!! Saturday night I was getting ready for bed and all of a sudden my contractions were close and super painful. So Tyrel and I loaded the boys up in the car and drove the hour to the hospital in Durango. He waited in the car with the boys until I called him to let him know for sure if I was in labor. Sure enough I was at a 4 and contractions 4min apart. So Tyrel called his mom at 2am to come get the boys. I was so excited to find out the doctor on call from my dr's office was one that helps you do a VBAC (which is a vaginal birth after a c-section) the hospital I went to doesn't do VBAC's and I knew I just had to luck out getting a doctor that would help me do it. Most of them will really push hard for you to do another c-section. She was awesome. She had no problem with mean trying to deliver regular. I just had to sign a waiver that I was refusing surgery. This also meant she had to be at the hospital the whole time I was in labor to monitor me and she had no problem coming in at 1am to do that. So at 4am they broke my water and gave me an epideral and after pushing through 4 contractions she was here at 11:23am. At 4 weeks early Peyton was 7Ib 1oz and 19 1/2" long. Can you believe that is my fatest baby!! Her cheeks are so chubby for what I am used to! She is beautiful and I feel so awesome not have a c-section. I think I thanked the doctor a million times for being so supportive of the VBAC since I had already had so many lectures from other doctors. tyrel's parents and his grandparents came to visit. So now we are home and Tyrel is home all week. His mom brought the boys back and stayed the night to help out a little. My mom gets here Saturday for a week. The boys love her. Cooper of course was shy at the hopital but told me he would hold her when we got home. Trip is all over her saying baby non-stop. They both climb all over me trying to get the best look. Cooper is trying to help me so much he is actually telling me how to take care of her. So we are all great!!

10 comments:

Sarah Rowley said...

Such cute pictures! Poor little thing has to be born at such a cold time! Who made her little hat? So adorable! It just hit me, reading her name. How am I going to stop from calling her Diana Ross????? I don't think I cam!

The Archuleta's said...

She is beautiful! Congrats

The Lee Clan said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations!

Kristin Ross said...

Congrats! Can't wait to meet her.

Meggs said...

Congrats!! I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU AND YOUR FAM. She looks so cute. Look at all her hair. Her name is so cute also. When am I ever going to have a baby a day early let alone 4 weeks early.

Unknown said...

She's so beautiful! Congrats to you...your first little girl. Yay!!! Email me your address I have something to send you.

flagtown said...

Ya, I am so glad she is here, oh ya thanks for having her on my birthday. She is so cute, can't wait to meet her.

-Chad and Tiffanie Childress- said...

Oh my heck Sammy! You make such beautiful kids! I am sooo glad everything went the way you wanted it to go. You deserve it!

Kacey Nielsen said...

Awww, I love her already! And if I love her through a blog photo, who knows how much I could love her in person!

And yes, I will ghetto-ly admit that package was from me. I realized mid drive that I had absolutely no card or note of any kind. I am glad you like me anyway :)

Oh and you are required to post at least one head banded baby photo within the next few months. Seriously, required.

Kristi said...

Oh my goodness, I am so glad everything went so awesome and you were able to do a VBAC!!!! Hooooray for a gorgeous, healthy baby!!!