Wednesday, August 29, 2012

1st Day of School!!




I finally get to post a first day of school post! Cooper started Kindergarten!!  He was so excited!  He loves his school.  It's a really small school with only one class for each grade and one hallway that serves the country kids.  There are 4 in his class of 19 from our ward, the secratary used to be a counselor in the primary, the special ed teacher is in our ward/and neighbor, and the kitchen asst is from our ward and all the older kids from church.  So when he goes it's pretty much like church.  I keep wondering how long it will last with him anxious to go to bed to go to school. He loves to be organized and says "oh I better do this or that done so I can get to bed early for school!" He loves routine and schedule like his dad.  His Teacher is Mrs. Richards. So far things have gone great.  He goes until noon. On Wed the whole school has early release at 1:15pm so the Kindergarten gets to stay until then and have lunch at the school and ride the bus home.  I lucked out with our house being the last stop in the morning and the first stop after school, even though the school is just a mile down the road!! The only bump in the road so far is they have no recess in their schedule right now! 7:45-12 and no break!!  When I asked they said enough parents have complained and the principal is supposed to talk to his teacher about putting that in.  Recess is what motivates kids to go to school!! Oh and just for the record I didn't cry!  Because he is a summer birthday and we didn't put him in until he was 6 I was ready for him to go.  I am excited that he has something more stimulating for him every day!! 

1 comments:

Deanne said...

I love that our kids are in the same class! They look so cute! I love Ouray too. I was wondering where that cave was.