Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Paradise!!









The beginning of December Tyrel and I were lucky enough to take off for 10 days and go on a 7 day cruise with my sister Sarah and her husband Chad. We went out of Peurto Rico and had a blast. We only had 1 day at sea and were able to see a new island all the other days. We had a blast snorkeling, ziplining, kayaking, and enjoying the beautiful beaches. The evenings and day trips were full of laughs and good times with my sister and her husband. It was nice to get away and relax. We could sleep in if we wanted, eat when we wanted, and just enjoy each others company. The entertainment on the ship was a huge bust, but everything else was great. Last time Tyrel and I went on a cruise we went alone. We had fun, but there was a lot more laughs with someone else to talk with. My kids had a blast too. For the first 6 days they were all with Grandma and of course that included lots of activities and close to their cousins Jayton and Colby. Then the last 4 days Peyton went with a friend of mine and the boys went with another lady from my ward whose kids are in their 20's. My boys had a blast with her and her daughter. They played hard and were not ready for me to come home at all!!! There are lots more details but I will document those somewhere else. I loved when someone asked if I was taking the kids, I just laughed!! I just talked to my friend who just got back from a Disney cruise with her 5 kids and she said it was a lot of fun, but not really a vacation as far having 5 kids to take care of on the cruise. She agreed on us going alone was a great way to go as far a real "Vacations" goes!! I do want to take my kids some day but when they are old enough remember it and pretty much take care of themselves!! I enjoyed getting one person dressed each day, feeding myself and getting one plate, having someone else do the dishes, make my bed, and cook my food. My mom made a good point. A wife/mom appreciates a cruise more than anyone else. Husbands and kids are already used to someone making thier food, doing the dishes, and cleaning up after them. The mom's are the ones who really get the break!!

0 comments: