Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas 2009

Sorry this a long post!! Christmas 2009 was great. We headed off to my sister Sarah's house in Arizona. There we had my other sister and her family, my brother and his family, and my parent's from Washington. Between the four families and my parents we had 12kids under the age of 9 and 10 adults. It was such a blast to see my family. Cooper is getting so big. He had a blast with his cousins and thanks to my sister's big house and warm Arizona weather I didn't see Cooper almost the whole time. He got along so well with them. Trip we learned is not a huge fan of lots of kids. He loved to play with a couple, but if he headed downstairs where the toys and kids where he would only last a couple minutes before coming back up with a toy to play upstairs. He kind of likes to do his own thing. Jane is Trip's age and she also spent most her time upstairs with Trip.It was so fun to spend 5 days with Tyrel. I got to see family, but at the same time had a blast with my small family. Tyrel is always so good with my boys and a great help and he would play with all the kids too when we weren't doing something as adults. All in all it was a great weekend of family, food, and games!! On Christmas Eve all of my nieces and nephews and help from three of the dad's acted out the nativity as we have always done as a family. It was so cute to see all the kids act it out and that they are getting old enough to do it. As you can see from the picture of me and the two boys, my boys did not participate. Cooper refused to put on a costume and within minutes was passed out in my lap. Poor kid had been going non-stop for two days. Lucky Tyrel got to be the inn keeper. What a good sport to participate. Christmas Eve night all the kids did a little craft.While they did the craft Trip rode the 4-wheeler which he wanted to do the whole time and Tyrel became the designated driver to all the kids. Next they all helped make cookies for Santa. Then they got a suprise that night where they got to open their Christmas jammies. We were able to get a family picture all in are pajamas. Then on Christmas morning Tyrel and I looked at the clock and it was 7:20 and the house was still quiet. We couldn't believe it. All the kids were so burned out from playing so hard So we tried to get Cooper up and he said he wanted to sleep even after we told him Santa came. We then snuck him downstairs with the other kids who all slept down there so we got a picture of them all waiting to come upstairs. Cooper and Lauren (who is Cooper's age) were both so tired they just wanted to sleep. Well once we got upstairs Cooper started waking up and got excited. Trip loved opening the presents too.

Finally here are some pictures of the rest of Christmas day where the kids got to play and Tyrel and guys shot clay pigeons and later that day we went to Alvin and the Chipmunks 2. All the guys went to the Sherlock Holmes movie, except Tyrel who want to go with us to Alvin to spend time with me and Cooper (Trip we left with my mom!!). Later that night us girls went to Shirlock homes, but I fell asleep within the first 15min. I know I am lame because it seemed like a really good movie!! Then Saturday I did a little after Christmas shopping and we hung out. We came home Sunday and then got another Christmas because we left most of our presents home so we wouldn't lose pieces at my sisters.

6 comments:

-Chad and Tiffanie Childress- said...

Oh my gosh you are soo cute Sammy! Looks like you and your cute family are doing well. I am so glad! Miss you!

-Chad and Tiffanie Childress- said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
-Chad and Tiffanie Childress- said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
-Chad and Tiffanie Childress- said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
-Chad and Tiffanie Childress- said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

We had so much fun with you guys. Christmas was a blast!
Looks like New Years was fun too.
Carrie