Sunday, December 13, 2009

Hello Everyone







I am finally getting internet set up so hopefully I will have some better posts in the future. I haven't really cared about internet or tv since we moved in, but thanks to a new calling of Relief Society Secratary I will probably get that hooked up this week. Life has been great at our new house. This week we had a nice big snow storm. We haven't had time to get a snow plow so thanks to my hero Rusty Bower in our ward I was saved. Due to complications again in this pregnancy I was actually kind of nervous about being completely snowed in (of course the night I get snow in my contractions start to actually hurt for the first time,which has never happened unless I am in labor, but I only had a few so not to worry, just being stranded makes you think the worst). We got 18 in of snow, major snow drifts deeper than that, and a nice 3 foot burm of snow left at the end of our driveway from the lovely county snow plow guy. As I hauled in wood, fed the horse, and made a path out of the house pregnant and contracting I had pictures of all the pioneer books I have read lately of the pregnant women in my books and what they went through, and still felt I had it easy!! They were completely alone, at least I would be able to call an ambulance if need be even if I had to hike to the road. In my books they delivered babies on their own!! So I did make it through the night and am now safe and sound. Poor Tyrel felt so bad that he wasn't here to help, but is making the proper arrangements so it doesn't happen again. But there are plenty of neighbors around to help too. As for the pregnancy I am not in as bad as shape as I was with Trip, but have been to the hospital once to get contractions stopped and just have to take it as easy as I can with these two rowdy boys. I didn't realize how much I do for these boys on a daily basis until I try to do the minimum. I used to think I didn't do much during the day, but I actually do a lot!! My contractions still hurt, but I am not having enough to worry, only 1-2 an hour so that good!! Tyrel's job is going well except for the traveling of course!! He is home from midnight on Friday night to about 2pm on Sunday we get him for a fun day and half, which we always make the most of. The boys are doing great and are always making me laugh!! We love our new ward and Cooper, Trip, and I have already made some fun friends. I guess as of about a year or two ago there were barely any young families, but now there are a lot so we have had fun! Above are some pictures of our nice snow and me at almost 30weeks!!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Wow! A lot going on. You look great. Good luck with that calling! Thanks for the tips on deer meat, I'll be trying that for sure. By the way, that's for the Christmas card, it's super cute!

Kacey Nielsen said...

What a country hick you are! Walking around with your pregnant belly in the snow, feeding horses, tractors. I don't remember what any of those words mean! :) Just kidding. I probably need to bring my kids to visit you just so they don't grow up saying "Yeah, I think I saw snow on TV once..."

By the way, you look adorable. Tell little baby Kacey to stay inside a little longer!


WHAT?! You aren't naming her after me?!?!?!?!