Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Bunny Saturday














Tyrel and I were discussing what our easter traditions were going to be. Growing up Tyrel remember's easter egg hunts and baskets. I only remember one Easter Hunt when I was 7 or 8. I guess my mom never wanted to do hunts, but my dad did, so he won out once in a while. Since I can't find anyway that the Easter bunny related to the Savior, I only see how it relates to spring. So we decided to start a traditon in our family to have the Easter Bunny come on Saturdays to celebrate spring and Sunday will be a nice dinner and a lesson on the atonement. We haven't done the lesson yet, so I will just tell about Saturday. It started out by the easter bunny coming to our house and leaving a couple toys for the boys and hiding eggs around the house. Cooper woke up and after he looked at his basket he searched the house for the hidden eggs. Then we had breakfast and I found in the paper a local church having an easter egg hunt so we crashed that. Cooper had a blast. They were allowed 60eggs a piece all filled with candy!!! We didn't stay there long because Trip has been really sick. He threw up all over GNC in the mall and then at home and then all over in his crib that night and since Thursday has had non-stop diarhea. I mean I changed 5 diapers during church today and Trip went home in one of Cooper's pullups that luckily was in my bag!! Then when we got back from the easter egg hunt we had lunch and then dyed easter eggs. Luckily no major dye stains!! We then spent the rest of the afternoon playing with Cooper's easter bunny loot. He got the "Let's Go Fishing Game" and a tee ball set. I am so glad we did all the Easter Bunny stuff on Saturday. It ended up just being a really fun family day.

1 comments:

Kristi said...

I am like you - I just can't in my mind relate The Savior and a bunny... Oh well.... I am sorry Trip got sick!! YUCH! But the eggs were cute and it looks like other than that you had a great day!