Tuesday, January 20, 2015

BMX 2014







Well Trip found a new love this last spring and her name is BMX!! Trip has been riding a 2 wheeler since the age of 3 and to tell you the truth scares me when I watch him. He has no fear and one speed only "fast".  So this spring we decided to let him try BMX.  I was so unsure how he would like it. Or if he wrecked once would he hate it.  Well he surprised me.  We first made him try it out on just his regular 16" wheel bike. We told him if he liked it we would look into an actual 20" wheel BMX bike.  Well with his smaller wheel base he was either winning or hanging in there at 2nd or 3rd with his little tires and was loving every minute of it.  So Tyrel fixed up a BMX bike that someone from his work sold him.  Getting him on that bike he soared.  I was also impressed with his ability to get right back up if he wrecked or messed up or just plain tired in the super hot summer weather.  There was one race where a kid that had never beat him did after Trip had a really bad start.  He came up to me after and had this look of competitiveness and he made sure that kid would not beat him again. I love how sports teach my kids to work hard to win, it's ok if you lose, and work hard to obtain the goals you are wanting to reach.  It also toughened Trip up.  He didn't let a few falls keep him from getting right back out there!! Too bad he can never be super competitive in this sport because the surrounding tracks race a lot on Sundays and to be contemplative you have to earn points in your races and he misses too many.

0 comments: