Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Happy Anniversary!!


K so I was so excited about my cool new toilet seat that I didn't post the obvious reason to have had posted that day. It was Tyrel and I's 6th Anniversary on Friday the 11th!! I forgot to post because realistically it didn't feel like it at all. Tyrel has been home one day in that last 2 and half weeks! He had to work two Saturday's ago and then was working on a drill in North Dakota last weekend. So on Friday I took my kids out for my anniversary to a free lunch at a local country store, got a baby sitter to watch my kids so I could go to a church meeting and grocery shopping!! I know I went all out!! Then for Valentine's day I called to see if any couples needed a babysitter and everyone said no, but one friend said her husband was working so invited us to BK with her kids!! Free lunch and BK for my romantic dinners of the year, yipee!!! hahaha But it's ok Tyrel is actually coming home today for a long weekend and we are definitely going out this weekend!!

So as I said it's been 6 years. Here is where it gets kind of sappy. He is really an amazing husband. He works hard, is an amazing dad, and treats me like a Queen. For someone who is hardly home, he sure does an amazing job of staying in touch of what is going on here. He knows are kids inside and out and even when he's home a day or two he can tell when they act out of their norm. He blends right into our routine. He is amazing at making the most of his weekends home and never asks for "me" time. He tries to gets things fixed around the house, spend time with his kids, and time with me. He never tells us to just leave him alone or I want to do this. I have to push him to do something for himself!! He is great listener when I need to vent and great at talking problems out, so we rarely argue, and if we do it's over just as quickly as it began. He helps out with the kids and around the house so much that when I need to ask for it i kind of feel guilty. He definitely makes me a strong person. He never complains so it makes me tough things out and not complain either. Because of him the trials we face have not got me down because he doesn't allow them too. He doesn't let me feel sorry for myself and reminds me all the time to remember how blessed we are. He is always the voice of reason and I always feel the strength of his priesthood in our home even when he's away. He thanks me endlessly for all that I do and in return I am thankful for all that he does!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a very sweet post. Miss you, looks like life is great for y'all!

Kacey Nielsen said...

You really did pick a fantastic guy. I am so glad you guys are able to get so much good out of the little time you get to spend as a family. That is so important. Happy late Anniversary!

Deanne said...

Happy Anniversary! It is definitely something to celebrate!