Thursday, March 20, 2008

Hospital Update

Well it's been a crazy week!!! The last few weeks I have had contractions off and on and my doctor told me not to worry about them, then on Monday they started coming pretty hard every 3 min so that afternoon my doctor came in and ran test and said I was in preterm labor so I went to the Flagstaff Hospital and they druged me up pretty good to get the contractions to stop I was so out of it I couldn't even pick up my hand or barely open my eyes. Then the next day they airlifted me to phoenix to a hospital that can handle a 26 week old baby if I went into labor. So since Tues I have been here in the St. Joe's Hospital in Phoenix. Today they took me off the medication and so far so good only a few contractions here and there. So they are discussing letting me go to my sister's house here in Mesa to be on strict bedrest. I can't go back to Flagstaff until at least 28 weeks because the hospital up there can't handle a premie until then. So luckily I have family here in the Phoenix area or I would be stuck in this hospital until I was 28 weeks. So tomorrow they will decide if I get to go all depending on how I continue to do without drugs. But they said if they let me go to my sister's I have to act like I do here where I can't get up except to use the rest room. The survival rate of my baby if I deliver is 90%, but then the baby would be in the hospital for like 14 weeks so we don't want that. We want this baby to stay inside as long as possible!!! The nurse told me to be extra careful because if I do go into labor they probably won't try to hard to stop me since now I am in their eyes in the safe zone, but that is still too risky in our eyes so it's going to be a long a couple months of sitting on my butt not doing anything. I am so grateful for my sister's and their willing to take Cooper and let me sit like a slug at their house for a while. Tyrel is worried about me getting up and trying to do stuff for Cooper and would rather have me stay in the hospital, but I promised him if they let me go I will not do anything, I can't I have to think of this little 2Ib 7 oz baby that is not ready to come into the world yet!! Through prayers we know everything is going to be fine as long as I do my part. We have not been worried and everyone at the hospital has been so great I am anxious to get out of here, but at the same time being here had kept our worried to a minimum. I will keep you updated tomorrow we will know more if they let me go home or not!! Sorry this was kind of wordy!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Sman you guys have definitely been through a lot with the pregnancy! I hope everything works out and your little baby doesn't come too soon! We will be praying for you as well.
Looks like Richie and I, and even Beth and Devon are moving to Rock Ridge. We are trying to talk Wendy and Sterling into moving there too. We just need you back, then it would be complete. In fact, Richie and I will be living in the same building as you did, right behind your old apt. Funny hu?
Good luck girl! Love you!

Kacey Nielsen said...

Heres all my hopes that you get out of the hospital! I love you guys and I know all will be good. Keep me updated!

Tami Farrer said...

Sammy you are in our prayers. I would tell you to stay in the hospital at least until 28 weeks just so you don't have a premature baby. I know what that is like. It't hard though when you have a toddler at home. I hope and pray all works well. Keep us updated.