Tuesday, August 10, 2010

How does your garden grow?


The first thing we enjoyed from the garden.

Yummy Hubbard Squash!

Cooper helped me pick and snap the green beans. He loves it.

2 pumpkin plants (mainly 1 though)

The biggest pumpkin so far. It's going to be huge!

This is 1 squash plant. It has taken over the corn rows and started to head towards the pumpkins!


K so my first attempt at a garden this year has been not the best. But what did survive poor watering and weed overtake has turned out pretty good. I am excited for next year and all the changes I am going to do. A better watering system, cool weed control tricks, and planting closer. But what did survive is producing wonderfully. We are going to have some awesome pumpkins, tons of squash,a few cucumbers, a nice head of leaf lettuce we have already enjoyed and it keeps comin, we've already had some good green beans and lot more to come, and we are going to try the corn this weekend.

1 comments:

Sarah Rowley said...

I am thrilled that the garden turned out as well as it did! Now you know what to do different and next year it WILL be amazing! I am so proud of you!