Sunday, June 6, 2010

Recent Endeavors






Well Memorial weekend our family spent the weekend putting in a garden. The garden spot left here is 36x50 feet. It's huge. We just decided to do about 14 rows. It was a lot of fun to do even though we have no idea what we are doing. So lets cross our fingers and see what happens.

We have been needing to dig a pit for our trampoline but Tyrel's time is so limited. Plus I am too cheap to rent equipment when I can do it myself for free. So I spent some long hours digging the hole with a good old fashion shovel. I got about 10feet wide and the 2'6" down pretty much by myself and the center needs to be 3' deep. I did have a kid come for one day for about 2 1/2hr and dig with me but then he had to go. So here are pictures of what I did, about 6-8" down is what I had help with. It was fun, but I am sore!! I will get more pictures later of what Tyrel and two other boys did on Saturday for about 3 hours. I didn't tell Tyrel I was doing this, when he got home he was way impressed and thought I was nuts, but then at the same time felt bad that I had done it myself. Of course I felt bad that when the boys were all digging on Saturday it was 92 degrees. It was in the 80's when I did it!

2 comments:

Sarah Rowley said...

YOU ARE INSANE! I bet you were sore!

Kristi said...

LOVE your garden! And the Trampoline is going to be soooo fun!