Sunday, June 20, 2010

Joys of Parenthood!!

K so I thought I would never read a parenting book. I had a friend tell me about one so I thought sure I'll read it why not. So I starting reading it last Sunday and starting trying out what it said on Monday and since then I have not yelled at my kids once (amazing right?) and Trip had fewer tantrums all week then he usually has in one day!! Cooper and I don't yell at each other!! There are some things in it that I don't agree with or don't quite understand, but for the most part a lot of it just makes sense!! I am not ready to tell you the book yet, because it's only been a week and we'll see over time if it really works or if I can continue to follow it's guidelines. But if anything I am a lot happier and Tyrel said he definitely noticed a difference in the kids behavior during the weekend!! All I know is all week I did not feel stressed or overwhelmed or frustrated with my kids. They still have their fits and are still kids, but everything is done in a lot more calming and rational way!! The book also came to me at a perfect time when I was feeling really frustrated with myself and how I react to my children when they disobey, so thank you thank you!!

2 comments:

Kacey Nielsen said...

Five bucks says its love and logic. Did I get it? I actually really like their system. I am not great at following it, but it is pretty good stuff.

Kristi said...

Sooo... is it love and logic? Because that has SO NOT worked with my kids... *sigh* I need help! ;)