Tuesday, August 19, 2014

First Broken Bone April 2014



You would think with 3 rambunctious boys this would not just be our first broken bone in the family, but we make it almost 8 years before we got our first one.  Cooper was climbing in a tree that he climbs all the time and slipped and fell out.  He first came crying that his head hurt but was holding his wrist the whole time. That morning it was still sore so I sent him to school and told me to call if he had a hard time.  So sure enough I got a call from the school that at lunch recess he fell and started screaming.  So I took him in here in Cortez and said yep it's got a buckle fracture but it was up to us if we should cast it.  So we just left the brace on and after talking to a couple mom's they said I would cast it maybe as adults we would be fine but active 7 year olds are going to fall again. So I called another Dr. and they casted it saying yet if he fell again he would have done more damage.  So we went in and he was all set to pick Bronco colors of orange and blue, but then saw a camo one and was sold!!  He had a cast for 6 weeks. 

0 comments: