Sunday, December 9, 2012

Fun Day!!







This last Saturday we were finally able to get a tree!!  This was my favorite year going to the mountains  to get a tree because I wasn't pregnant like one year and my kids are getting older.  We had a blast driving up the mountain and hunting for a tree.  And yes we are in the mountains at over 9000 ft in the middle of December in Colorado and yes there is no snow!! The kids had fun playing in the few crusty patches of snow and hauling the tree down to the car.  We then headed home, unloaded the tree and headed to see Santa. Cooper actually told Santa what he wanted and took a picture.  Trip went up next to Santa with me in between and took a picture and kind of told Santa what he wanted only because he really wanted a candy cane. Peyton got no where near Santa and a candy cane what not worth it to her either.  We then headed to a baptism my friends daughter and for a friend of Cooper's. Then came home decorated the tree and had pizza and pop! This is the first year that after the lights and ribbon I let the kids put on all the decorations. They are uneven and 2 to three on a limb, but it's actually one of my favorite trees we have ever had and decorated.  It's my favorite tree from the mountains and the kids had so much fun decorating it!! Even though I had all my decorations up and no snow on the ground it finally feels like Christmas with a tree up!! 

1 comments:

Kacey Nielsen said...

I can't believe you get to walk up a mountain and cut down a tree. That feels so far from my life it seems like another country...

The tree is beautiful by the way!