Saturday, November 20, 2010

10 things I have noticed about being a mom

1. You lose the desire and urgency to change your shirt once it's been spit up on, drooled on , or wiped with. ( I mean why bother the new one will get dirty again in seconds)

2. You have to pay attention closely to a child's poop's consistency, frequency and color.

3. Too much silence in my house is usually a bad thing.

4. The bathroom once a private place is now just as open as the living room!

5. As many times as I try to keep my children from throwing tantrums I have probably had just as many.

6. Any major illness or injury occurs late Friday before the weekend.

7. Anytime I decide to take my kid to the doctor nothing is wrong, but when I hold off and wait to long there is usually something more wrong.

8. As many times as I have heard and know that all children are different I still try to discipline them the same way and expect it to work.

9. As mean as it is I kind of enjoy my children running a fever because just for once they will just lay there and let me hold them.

10. Finally number 10! Even on my worst day or my kids worst day there is not a day that goes by where I don't look at each of my kids with amazement and realized how blessed I am to have them in my life.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

That list is a pretty accurate summation. I have to say I AGREE!

Deanne said...

I enjoyed reading your list of 10 things and have to agree.

Tami Farrer said...

Sammy you make me laugh!! That is a great list and I agree.